Campus Police are currently investigating a recent strong arm robbery case and two theft cases that happened on the Kentfield Campus. In an effort to reduce the possibility of becoming a victim, please be aware of these simple reminders about safety and security.
1. When parking, ensure your vehicle is locked. Always remove articles from view—the trunk is the best place to leave them if they must stay in the car. If you do not have a trunk, take valuable items with you or ensure they are concealed. Thieves often look inside the vehicle and only target vehicles with purses, cell phones, or backpacks in plain view.
2. Wallets, pocketbooks, and cell phones are prime targets for the "hit and run" thief; they should stay with you all the times. Often people leave such items unguarded while leaving their rooms and offices for a moment or two (to visit a friend, go to a restroom, answer a phone, etc.), and upon their return find their valuables missing.
3. Lock your doors when leaving your room, office, or lab. Most of the thefts from such areas occur when the areas are unlocked. Doors and windows have locks, so please use them. If they are not in proper working order, report it without delay.
4. Always be aware of your surroundings. Never approach your vehicle if someone standing nearby makes you feel uneasy. Whenever you notice someone who looks out of place wandering about parking lots or the campus, notify the campus police immediately. Officers will respond.
5. Students, faculty, and staff are invited to call campus police anytime they feel they would like an escort while on campus.
6. Remember, the fastest way for College of Marin officers to respond to you is to call ext. 7696 from a campus phone, or dial (415) 485-9696. Program this 10-digit number into your phone.